Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Regarding the Upcoming Year of 'Not Sowing'

This might only assist a few, but making my intent to do good works known ahead of time semi-privately should compel me to properly complete the task of 'not sowing' into my garden area for crops, tiny as that area is. However, I'm still going to need to work 6 days a week on something, so what can I and others who, like me, might be doing their first attempt at '7th year 'no'sow' zone? The behavior of  some Christian bible readers  who never even tried to represent the spirit of  יהוה   in regards to letting a profitable produce area rest , namely Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Stroik, are the antithesis of what I desire to represent so indeed I must give my produce areas some sort of 'rest', starting when the spring new year commences.

How should the scattered remnant view their lot of land?  

"Where my lot and dwelling are  is, there  is  ישראל  ."

 My opinion is that  faithful remnant of tribes such as גד, though few in number,  is still detached from defiled Tel Aviv and dangerous, urban Jerusalem for our own safety; my opinion is that our location does not excuse the faithful remnant of any tribe of ישראל from behaving as we would  be expected to if we were residing in northern Africa zones.

Here's what I will intend to do, though I might not be able to complete all of these sane objectives:

1. Initiate some new raised garden bed areas and prepare them for the subsequent year. With all the clay in the zone I am in, raised beds are more logical for a senior citizen typically with no hired hands involved in my gardening ventures. Then I'll know all my crop zones will be on the identical cycle of 6 years of sowing/1 year of 'no sow' outdoor zones.

2. I'll try to understand how I am supposed to view the small amount of strawberries, blueberries, figs and peaches that might sprout forth or stray plants that emerge from the garden beds. Do I pull the stray new sprouts to truly let the soil rest or see what grows that I can eat?  I don't know the answer to that dilemma. I only know I'm not going to sow into the  outdoor produce garden areas.

3. Unlike some, I don't intend to boycott buying produce from farmers who aren't interested in getting retrained to be   ישראלי .    Even though I will try to use what I grew and preserved from this past year, refusing to buy anything fresh from non-Yahwehists seems a bit too much like the 'talmud rings'.

4. I'll add nutrients to the soil, mostly in the form of various natural composting materials. A good Joseph has already been providing me with pulp from produce that has had the juices pressed out from them. I don't think my friend Jospeh has a piece of land to garden....yet.

5. I'll try to learn how to test soil for it's  chemical content.

6. I'll build, rebuild,  improve or repair existing vegetable garden elements such as trellis,  stakes and raised bed retaining walls. 

7. I'll wonder if some sort of locust invasion or drought might ruin the crops other people sowed, but I suspect there's always time for wondering like Laura Ingalls used to wonder about outdoor conditions.

8. Perennial roots will not be transplanted and I'm not going to buy or sow any annual flowers, perennials or trees in the year of 'not sowing'. 

9. I might try to raise potted herbs indoors, since an indoor pot does not fall into the same class that an outdoor crop  area does. This will only be to experience slightly how it feels to be stuck in an apartment where I would not have a piece of land to sow in.  An indoor planter doesn't qualify as a piece of land and don't let any attorney claim that it does. 

10. I might do some extra missionary trips during the growing season since I will not have to tend to my crops.

11. I'll be thrilled to tell my local acquaintances truthfully why I am not sowing seeds for outdoor crops this year.

12. I'll try to organize my gardening equipment more efficiently.

13. After several attempts to cease from writing articles on this site, I suppose I have been 'sowing' into my small internet turf.  That type of sowing ideally will also cease.  Some people can't stop smoking because they say it helps them relax even though it hurts others and themselves; it's been difficult for me to cease writing articles here for a similar reason, although my articles aren't a hazard to anything other than some people's ego or their stagnant position of choosing to be enemy or adversary toward me rather than companion and friend.  

That looks like 13 sieves in the middle of 7131.  I'll try focusing a bit on the words for months 75 through 87, since those would be 7th year words in the Strong's numbering sequence. Abigail remains in position 26 alphabetically, so calling a helpful young lady named Abigail Grace 'my  friend'  today was not a moment of nominal value to either of us.

If I would be sowing into my small pieces of land,  I might cause some onlookers to refer to me as a hypocrite and 'hypocrite' is a term I'd rather avoid intentionally earning.

As I told my bowling team, if you don't take your retirement hobby too seriously, it will never become a job you don't enjoy.    

 🎨🖌    🎳    🍳   🎹   🚴  🍓  ⛄  🍑 🏒   ⛳  📚  📖  🎱. ♜ ♞  🂻🃝  🚭  

Surely I am not stupid, not an idiot and I suspect I don't even have a foolish heart after all these years of going it with יהוה rather than going it alone.

                


 


No comments:

Post a Comment