Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Brother Is Rarely Your Neighbor

I must admit that it is easier to try to sort through and understand the TORAH than trying to understand United States tax laws, so it is possible to please HVHY by understanding the TORAH instructions.

A few points of concern have arisen in this week's TORAH portion and I am not going to quote Sally Field errors, which amounts to talebearing. A talebearer often repeats what they have heard in fiction that is actually not true according to HVHY. A truth bearer might be called to repeat facts of evil that have been done in order to gain justice, cause discipline (disciple method) or to love their neighbor as themselves.

Nehemia Gordon has not convinced me that a brother is the same as a neighbor, nor is my mother the same as a neighbor. My mother and my brother is part of my family, my neighbor usually is not part of my family. If I hate it when I sin in and desire correction in order to love the LORD my God, I have to hate it when my neighbor sins, at which point I rebuke him or report him to higher authorities if I care about his soul and MY soul. Reporting a neighbor's lawlessness is not talebearing but is a necessary part of an attempt to decrease lawlessness. There is a more important bond between brother and  sister. No matter how far away my brother has gone away literally or spiritually, I must try to keep a good bond and communications between us; a neighbor can change from friend to enemy, enemy to friend or move, at which point I am not obligated to keep the same relationship between myself and a neighbor who has continually rejected rebuke or has freely changed his or her status toward me.

 Some people who have been brought up in 'Jewish homes' have been taught to cover up family sin rather than report or expose it, and the same error happens in political circles and other religious circles of unrighteousness.

'Do not be a talebearer' means do speak the truth and avoid repeating what you know IS NOT TRUE.  Falsehoods have emitted from 'Forrest Gump' and someone should rebuke Nehemia Gordon for relying on rather than rebuking  talebearers such as Sally Field.

As a historic note, I realized that a typical school homecoming football game is like a small war that settles a local competition without causing deaths, which is better than a huge war between nations that results in deaths. The typical high school prom is like the Olympic games, which means there is way too much effort and money dumped into clothing in a system that does not lead to sanctification or holiness and is tied to the wrong kind of pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment