Saturday, May 23, 2020

The Burial of A Baby at the 2 Month Mark


Twas the end of 2 full months and a new life was in progress

But suddenly a change occurred and the life was in duress

I saw his face, he was so small... his mother was not there

So I  decided to try to save his life and give him care

He readily drank water which I dropped from a small tube

He was tiny as a 2 month-old female inside a woman's womb

I covered him in cotton socks to try to keep him warm

His mouth would open with no sound - was he screaming 'I do mourn'?

His mother, being alive and gone, did not stand by his side

So instead I took the baby home, but eventually he died.

I tried to save the little life, now knowing what I'd done

Was better than an abortionist or a robber with a gun

I dug a grave, buried the bird, which was struggling to survive

I learned it's evil to abort a baby and good to help it stay alive

With dignity and  a little down, the bird is in it's grave

Together we tried to be strong, pro-life and actually brave

The bird was first named 'Will E' but was changed into a Mark

We named the small bird 'Fidrych…. though it might have been a lark










No comments:

Post a Comment