Friday, February 3, 2017

Jeff Sauer: A Friend and An Angel Of Mercy

The last time I saw Jeff Sauer was much more important to me than the first. While in Charlotte, North Carolina, I was struggling to regather my inner strength after being attacked in and out of court by Shane David Hendrikson. Indeed, Jeff Sauer had treated all members of my former family very kindly, and although I am quite sure that men like Robin Ortiz and Shane Hendrikson might tell others about how they were impressed by Jeff Sauer, I suspect neither of those men would expect to be on opposing sides against Jeff Sauer someday, but indeed that could happen.

I will be able to testify to my Elohim someday that Jeff Sauer bore some of my burden of pain when many others had abandoned me and left me struggling not only for my daily breath but for struggling for signs of hope.  He took the time to hear me, speak to me kindly and recall the days that had gone by in the Alliant Energy Center and the Kohl Center in Madison.  A short visit when no family is nearby is better than no visit. Jeff Sauer was always a decent but very tough  coach, and his few words had a better impact on me than any anti-depressant could ever have.  Jeff Sauer had a message of kindness and courage when I had been rejected by my son and spouse PROBABLY because I ACCEPTED the lifestyle of an Israelite. If I was abandoned by my former spouse and son due to sickness, it will be a terrible testimony against the spouse who took an oath to love me in sickness or in health and a son who still claims to be a 'Christian missionary' but fails to believe Moses and the prophets. Recalling the day that the Badgers played in Camp Randall over 8 years ago was a day that I have no good memories of because I was part of a household led by a man who proved to be a liar, a thief and the opposite of a 'friend'.

When I heard Jeff Sauer's voice in Indian Trail, North Carolina, it was the closest I would come to hearing directly from or seeing any real family when I lived in Charlotte for about 18 months. I watched many games that he coached in Madison, but watching him coach the sled hockey teams added a new vision of what it means to struggle to survive after some form of tragedy occurs. Loss of ling function is not as visible as loss of a leg, but I know that many of my days and nights were as tough as the days and mights of those who have lost a limb. Losing parts of your family due to divorce is like losing limb from a tree that are nearly impossible or literally impossible to be re-attached due to the breaking of a covenant, a deed more evil than the breaking of a sheep's leg when he strays too often.

I was more like one little Badger in the huge Badger farm system that Jeff Sauer had been in control of for years before he took on a more difficult task coaching the disabled. Very few people will know why I lit up my outdoor lights tonight, a my own version of a 'blue line'club, but it is the only way I can quietly salute Jeff Sauer as a real part of a tested and true blue hockey crew friend. From a Noah's ark perspective, Jeff Sauer carried a burden that an ant could uphold compare to the burdens that neighbors like Sophie Lopez, 'kangaroo types' like James Menger, Robert Schmidt, Gerald Dunning or even my real dog named 'Elmo' had helped me bear in the course of my lifetime.

The difference between an ant and a kangaroo is that the typical person on earth has contact with hard-working  ants much more often than with a kangaroo. Once again, I have managed to find a non-drug way to deal with a sad reality of loss, cry a bit then laugh and smile like Coach Sauer would want any of his friends to do, and then my Creator would expect me to recall a certain portion of Scripture to mind which states 'consider the ant'.


No comments:

Post a Comment