Friday, September 7, 2018

Like A Rubber Orange Bullet in 2013..

Although this was sent to my son originally in January of 2013, the words still apply today. It's amazing to me how the evidence was clearly there I tried my best to at least get some compassion from my son even if he didn't want to be my employee anymore.

"
dear rich, 
I think about you daily.  I reallly would like to have your old Shaw jersey if it is still around somwhere to put on my bear. You might have to ask shane for it.  I don't  know* what to say to have you  want to return to being what you once were to me, basically a kind a thoughtful son.  life can be brief and change in a minute and I still am in mourning over the change in our family from love to hatred and divorce. I can't change what other people have asked for and have gotten, including you, but i will never say what happened was 'God's will'. Divorce was a victory for the enemy and I was not the enemy.

Lika anyone who is serious about obedience, life is hard and lonely most days but thinking of the hardships the prophets faced due to their calling is about the only comfort i get spiritually when the pain of loss is the hardest. Thankfully, I have not lost my desire to teach others freely what is imparted to me, even if it is hard to hear because the truth often is.  I finished my coaching tests and will be able to coach youth hockey next fall at the 10 and under level. I see the kids and it reminds me of the years at Shaw and at Mosinee, which is very bittersweet under the circumstances. The closer it is to the Lord's return, the harder it will become on those who are faithful to his words, as it is with a woman in labor pains. I hope that when the final lines are set, you will be counted with the wheat. Listen to a sing called 'if you could read my mind' by gordon lightfoot. It share's my feelings better than my ramblings here could/.

mom "

*the original text did not have the word 'know' in it, but it should have had the word 'know' in it

No comments:

Post a Comment