Saturday, August 11, 2018

From a 'G' With Love



Dear Levi,

Every time I look at the palm of my right hand, I think of you. I never want to forget the first time I saw you, dressed fine in a 'Firefighter Engine 7' shirt. When we looked at a map of Michigan together and you read the word 'ARMADA, it made me love Armada in a new way. When you pressed your little finger into the palm of my right hand  to reveal where I live in Michigan, it made my right hand more special to me forever.  Armada has a football team called the 'Armada Tigers' and I think I will go to watch them. They have colors of orange and black, like a #5 ball and a #8 ball on a billiard table. If you do not know what a billiard table is, I suppose you can ask your mother because she knows what a billiard table is.

I miss you so much already.  I suppose your sister's birthday had some surprises and I had some surprises in Michigan on August 10 too! We have area codes in Michigan, and in Armada the area code is 8Ten! Isn't that a good reminder for everyone about Autumn Rayne's birthday?  Now, I am waiting to find out when your birthday is so I can see if there is a terrific reminder in area codes for both of you.  I don't want to celebrate your birthday on the wrong day, so I have to wait  until your father or you let me know when your real birthday is. I could ask your great Grandma Swedowski, but I don't want to bother her because she is usually very busy.
  

Some very smart men helped me at a place called 'Larry's Auto and Towing' in the city of Armada. Armada is the place you saw on  on the MIchigan map when you sat next to me for the VERY FIRST TIME! What a blessing it was to have you near me after I was patient for so long. The men at 'Larry's'   helped make your sister's birthday very special for me because they repaired a part of my car that had been broken. A handle that opened the rear door of my big, grey Toyota had broken and a mechanic named 'Ron' fixed it to be good as new.  When strangers help you do something that is necessary and charge a very fair price, sometimes those strangers become your friends. Did you know that for a short period of time, my big grey Toyota truck was actually my HOUSE?   My grey truck was all a very cruel judge and very mean attorneys ( you can ask you father what an attorney is) gave me to live in,  and then those same  people gave away my family's land, my books,my silver baby spoon and my real house that had beautiful gardens that I worked in for many years. All those things were given  to someone else who was not my friend and who did not really love me or my family, but Yehovah helped me.  I still am sad and kind of mad about what mean people did to try and hurt me but I am thankful I do not always have to live in my truck.  My truck is a good truck and my big grey truck has kept me safe many, many times. My truck is 14 years old already but someone started thinking about every part onmy truck many years before it was built! I do not know how to make a truck or a car, but I did draw pictures of the house that was taken away from me. People who design houses are called 'architects' . I like studying houses and like to design houses. If you design something, it means you have to think up something in your brain and then show others what was in your brain by drawing pictures or just building something without pictures which is even harder.

After my car got fixed, I went and had supper in a restaurant called ' Chaps' in Armada. I was wearing a 'Dallas Stars' shirt, and I remember that I had picked out a Dallas Stars shirt for you. Did you ever get the 'Dallas Stars' sweatshirt? I hope you got it and that it kept you warm sometimes. I usually like to play ice hockey, but I haven't been able to since I left Wisconsin.

Maybe someday you might be someone who gets paid to fix cars in Michigan too! Fixing cars is very important work. My father and my brothers know how to fix some things on cars, but the men at 'Larry's' could fix something even my father and brothers could not fix.

I don't know if I ever will be able to visit you in France. I haven't been invited to France in a very long time and some of the people I saw in France were not very nice to me when  I was there before you were even born. Of course, you know I would love to have you visit me in Michigan but if I have to, I will visit you in France someday with your father's permission. I might be afraid that people will be mean to again in France, but maybe this time they will treat me with real kindness.

 I study rocks. The tribe of levi has a stone that has been called a 'carbuncle'. I think it looks like a turquoise and I have a ring with a stone called a chrysocolla that I think is exactly like the stone of the tribe of Levi.   I only met one other person named Levi over 20 years ago. His name is Levi Watts and he was a very nice, very smart police officer in the City of MIlwaukee. I have not seen him for many years, but we  had pizza together in MIlwaukee and he is still a friend of mine 'Levi'. Sometimes I remember what cruel and mean people did to me, but other times I like to remember very kind and very nice people like YOU and Levi Watts!

I hope you can send me a nice picture of you and Havilah an Autumn Rayne so I can keep it in my house or even in my truck. I have lots of special pictures of your father, but none of you and Havilah yet. I only have pictures of Autumn Rayne when she was a baby so I hope you can mail me a real  paper picture, not a computer picture.   This was my first letter to you! I hope you and your dad can print it and keep it in a special binder, because I will send you more letters to help you learn about me.


I love you and  you are special to me because you are my very first grandson and the son of my son. Please give a special smile to Havilah, Autumn Rayne and your parents !  Sometimes, a real smile is even better than a hug.

Love, 
G

No comments:

Post a Comment