Tuesday, March 21, 2023

As Vague As Possible," To Descendants"

To my known and/or unknown descendants, 

It's the eve of a new year according to writings in the book of Exodus...Adar 29.

It would bring much joy to the waning months of our predecessors lives if you would restart written, non-electronic contact with me.  There comes a time when it is just and proper to set aside our conflicting religious believes and merely inform each other about thoughts, hobbies, living conditions, sorrows, joys and accomplishments. That time cannot be yesterday, but it can be today or this week. 

We have  predecessors  in common who have been not only been very hospitable but also very knowledgeable about survival skills.   Uncles, aunts, grandparents, cousins, nieces,nephews and friends have been hoping for us to reconnect for many years; some of those relatives have died never hearing the good news they had been hoping for. When a younger generation fails to learn directly from the previous generation, it is similar to becoming a genetically modified stranger than a natural  descendent. I promise you that if I do receive non-electronic mail from you that I will write back to you after letting you determine what topics to correspond about or what questions you might like to get answers to.  I didn't initiate the years of 'no-contact' and once the lack of contact commenced, in order to prevent feeling cornered into loneliness I decided to express a variety of topics with literary therapy which seemed far safer than seeking anti-depressants or taking my anger and sadness out on local acquaintances, friends and family who were more than willing to be in contact with me.

You will feel much more confident about the deity whom you worship if you agree it is time to write to me.  Pray to whomever it is you rely upon for the strength and courage within you to become cordial to me and maybe eventually genuine love for me will bloom within you again.  I cannot deny that I think of the difficulties we struggled through together and I retain many good memories from the items and artwork you have gifted me. We have been hurt by each other and by others in many ways, but are not yet mortally wounded.  This is the time of year when the pasque flower emerges from the ground; it is a beautiful perennial that is an indicator or the time of the feast of unleavened bread in my household and various other spring traditions in other households, including those of our predecessors. This last attempt at indirect contact is somewhat like that pasque flower emerging, though few even know what a pasque flower is.

I honestly  don't understand your deity choice anymore, but  my leader, savior and instructor, the most holy יֽהוָֹה  ,  has prompted me to reach out to you in this final, electronic manner.  Maybe if I get written word from you, I will believe that whomever it is that you pray and have committed your lifestyle  to is somehow connected to most holy יֽהוָֹה , whom I pray to and who was clearly referenced in a hockey wall design that I, with the help of graphic artists, provided for the Mosinee Ice rink.  Isaiah 45:22 was the only Scriptural verse attached to that design. If your deity doesn't prompt you to reconnect with me after this sincere request with no direct names attached, why would I  ever trust that name? 

I have descendants that currently range from grade school ages  through  40's and maybe someday, it will be the youngest descendants who decide to write to me with a spirit of gentleness, though I can handle spirits of frustration, disappointment and normal feelings associated with the hardships society inflicts upon all of us in this era.  There is every reason to hope that you, as a person, will feel improved and healthier within yourself if you do draw out your inner strength and contact me by letter. There is a bit of comfort that accompanies genuine effort to do good, regardless of whether or not that good is reciprocated.

Incidentally, if you are not a descendent but had been well acquainted with me in the past, news by paper letter would of course be welcome and considered a blessing indeed, but such is not an expectation as it is with actual descendants.

By withholding specific names, it is less likely that this message will be drawn up during a specific name search, but anyone who has been reading my posts knows far more about me than I know about them.  That  imbalance of information seems a bit absurd and has been tolerable until today.  I can no longer accept a situation where I expound on my experiences, consider scenarios ahead and share strategies for survival and yet hear nothing from you, my descendants.  Lateral relatives have been communicating well with me and my predecessors have no doubt that I appreciate them and love them for who they are, not for what I think they should have become. There is not much excuse for us not being able to do the same. My enemies are rejoicing because we are disconnected and those type of people actually are your enemies too, thought they might not directly reveal it to you.  

It made no sense  sending you a more direct email, since there is no expectation of privacy in the United States anymore; that privacy is more likely obtained by writing a letter on paper and mailing it between us.

I hope you are in good health. I also hope the photos below expresses a genuine yet perplexing emotions I cannot put into words. I know that the Scripture states that Yehowah will cause my enemies to flee from me for my own protection, but that does not seem like a category you should  desire to be part of.  We can restart together from a distance, by writing. I love you and you are like a limb amputated from me.  I hope the deity you pray to helps you.

Loyal to יְהוָֹה, 

your maternal predecessor, be it G as in grandmother or M as in mother 


The Cape Hatteras lighthouse looks lonely, and old but serves an important purpose.


 'Little Flower' is a puppet I made in grade school.


                 'Calvin and Hobbes' is amusing and a de-stressor,  but hockey is getting harder



Various forms of  art might provide a link of good or bittersweet memories. I framed the flowers I received at the Florida airport almost 20 years ago from a  thoughtful descendent. 
20.83 years is to 1/2 hour as a 1000 years are to a day.


Rebuilding takes courageous effort that often feels lonely.




No comments:

Post a Comment