Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Nobody 'Won' On D-Day

Retraining the eye is as tough as retraining the ear. My eyes are being patient with my back yard which is a clay bowl, not a dust bowl. I am learning to let  decent-looking local native grasses grow and go to seed, hoping they are better suited to survive in harsh conditions.  I'm even going to transplant long-stemmed grasses that look beautiful when the wind blows , and the border area that i control eventually might have a few more large shrubs and perennials planted alongside them. Long term plans sometimes change when short or former long term plans did not work.  Being a 'naturalist' can be easier on the budget than trying to continually fight against the piece of earth I am on, so I am trying to work WITH the Michigan clay soil. I have no cultivator and no horses to break the hard clay, so I have to continue a process  that is sometimes very frustrating as best I can.

Z-day is here, and maybe it's time for everyone to start continuing a full alphabet count from June 6th to  June 28th every year. What, if anything, have you done help your family and friends rather than destroy   or harm others during the past 22 days? That might be the question  that prepares you for reading Ezekiel chapter 1, which specifically mentions a vivid occurrence that 5th day of the fourth ISRAELITE month.The 3rd day of the 4th month has started, so Friday, June 30th, 2017 is a day more significant than D-day IF you rather focus on the prophet Ezekiel than on wars that really had no 'winners', and only had survivors or casualties of man-made disasters.

In the process of surviving D-Day through Z-day, I was able to help my parents and my godfather in extremely difficult current situations. I spent a bit of time with my niece, Jennifer, while a natural strong storm moved from Wood county to Portage county that caused considerable repairable damage in central Wisconsin. Jennifer and I might not have a lot in common these days, but we agreed we both never considered ten years ago that we would be in the current situation we are in now. Jennifer is getting a chance to keep her wedding vows and prove her love for her husband while he is extremely ill, and I still have no idea what it means to be loved and cared for by a faithful spouse yet in my lifetime. Our burdens are very different, and the people who help us bear our burdens are the rarely same.  When damage to our dwelling, our bodies or our  family has occurred that isn't repairable without an actual miracle taking place, we need to retrain our eyes and our ears to handle reality, an adversary or an enemy, that is not what we expected to face.

For divorce petitioners who took their vows seriously, any divorce day should have been avoided if possible, especially if there was no confession from and/or proof of the respondent being an adulterer.   Divorce day is another real declaration of war, a terrible D-day of mourning if the petitioner refused to keep vows, refused to be more patient with his spouse than he or she is with their favorite sports team who they most likely are still 'faithful to' or refused to go for counseling because they already had another victim of their habitual and voluntary unfaithfulness waiting on on some divorce court side.  My current back-yard did not turn out the way I originally planned, so I have to make some very hard adjustments to my former plans. My marriage to the father of my son did not turn out the way u had hoped or had planned, and as a result I made some very hard adjustment to my perspective of unfaithful fathers, apathetic relatives and former friends who aligned against me and against the God I still I aligned with.

I don't know what it felt like to be the prophet Ezekiel, reporting very strange occurrences and very strange visions to others. I do know what it feels like to seriously consider that the intentional breaking of marriage vows is actually a form of perjury  based on the past public testimony of a serious 'promise' to be faithful and true rather than unfaithful and a proven liar.

If the Word of God is sharper than a two edged  sword, I know the Word of God is not what you will hear or see on the typical Chevrolet commercial and which you certainly won't hear from a person ruining the environment with 'fireworks displays' . It's amazing that with all the good, living English students in the world that Chevrolet could get the following phrases SO wrong:

'Real people. Not actors.'

Neither of the above phrases is complete sentence deserving of a period, yet some idiot got paid to come up with horrible English word combinations  that exhibit a serious illiteracy problem by Chevrolet  business leaders. I wonder if some Michigan high school students named Brokaw and Gaffney are able to adjust their eyes and ears away from Chevrolet ads and toward the writings of the prophet Amos, Jeremiah and Zephaniah. Fireworks are not a wise investment, and actually fall into the 'strange fire' category which the prophet Elijah did not utilize when he won at Mount Carmel against people who did not choose Yehovah.

It might be time for a closing curve comment to avoid being accused of being preoccupied with religion. I wonder what former Milwaukee Police Inspector George Fuhr would say about Grant Fuhr's hockey jerseys in uniform division discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment