Monday, November 21, 2016

USA Movie Culture: Slade Equals Unrighteousness

If it took me 55 years to watch 'The Cincinnati Kid', it was only because I usually choose better movies to watch. What became interesting to me  was watching what the enemies of grace do before they lose to  the 'Queen of Diamonds':

1. Steve McQueen isn't Slade, but he represents a man, 'Eric Stoner', with lukewarm morals. Since the number 405 is on a puck I bought (I don't play with poker chips), what happened in room 405 was interesting. 'Stoner' informs 'Slade' he doesn't approve of cheating in poker, but then goes ahead and commits adultery with Karl Malden's ugly 'wife' in room 607.

2. Slade is a coward and a slimeball, even though he is financially thriving. His character is disgusting and morally corrupt, just like Slade Eno Hendrikson, my former in-law. Too much gambling and  too many' fantasy games' has been a evil root in the Wittenberg Hendrikson family. The name 'Slade' is not one I would choose for my son, neither is the name 'Shane' (old cowboy flick), since both are movie culture symbols of   deception, not integrity and loyalty. I just didn't realize how mich in common the character 'Slade' has with Slade Hendrikson until I viewed most of 'the Cincinnatu Kid', which I wouldn't recommend for anyone unless they need cheep vice squad retraining.

3. Edward G. Robinson actually walked away a winner when he turned over the 'Jack of Diamonds', which I have labeled as a 'Jacinth', or the tribe of Gad in my non-movie communications system. Notice that the King of Diamonds did not show up in the straight flush, and I have said that Richard Isaiah Hendrikson's father was LIKE UNTO the king of diamonds, but really isn't  good king material. Early in another game, the king of hearts somehow 'folds' and goes into a holding pattern, thanks to a wiser gambler in the movie.  I have the queen of diamonds labeled 'amethyst' in a foundation reminder, and she turned up in the 5-card stud game as high in the winning straight flush.

4. I guess seeing Slade aiming for the jack of hearts would have been a bit troubling if any of my analogy of my only son being like a jack that keeps changing his 'suit' would be troubling, but let that scene trouble my enemies or anyone else who thinks they are like the Jack of Hearts.

5. The word of the day is ASA (Aleph Samech Aleph), the name of a historic king who was better than most in Israelite history. The samech is a serious letter to receive, and as a reminder I deployed a samech to Sean Whyte (conceived in 1969) of Sudbury, the 8th round 165th pick of the Los Angeles Kings.

6. Spencer Tracy did a better history lesson portraying 'Captain Christopher Jones' in a decent and actually educational MGM movie, 'Plymouth Adventure', focusing on the Mayflower and the Puritans if you want to learn about better choices under female pressure than Steve McQueen made in his movie.

Now the number 405 can go back to the 'Jaromir Jagr' legend, since Slade was revealed to be evil in hotel room 405.  'The LORD shall laugh' is still in Psalm 37, even if I don't have a Rockwood Roo to remind me of Psalm 37 anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment